Florida or Bust!

As a family, we have decided to walk the distance from Bennington to Orlando, Florida before Elder Burdick completes his mission. Together we hope to have walked 2298 miles before October 2009. And maybe be a size or two smaller!! Thank you Lara for up-dating our count down. Start Walking!!!

Monday, September 8, 2008

These pics and email came today!














I had a good birthday, Chuqui, sounds like chookie, drove all the way from my last area to surprise me on my birthday, he cooked a really good equadorian dish for me, but he also bought a disney cake that said happy Birthday Samuel Paul, it was sooo funny, i dont know how he found out my full name, he is way cool, he is one of those friends for a lifetime, he doesnt know any english, he is learning, it reminds me soo much of when i first got to florida trying to speak spanish! i took lots of pictures to send! Some how ( i think my companion) alot of the ward found out about my bday, so we got alot of food and cake yesterday, one family, the Ortons, ivited me over and made me a pudding cake, then the mom announced that they were going to sing happy bday orton style, and all the kids got embarrased, but she forced them too, and to my complete surprise they did an amazing burdick happy bday style song, it sounded like abunch of cows mooing happy bday, i loved it, it was perfect! Bishops wife made me a chocolate cake, and tonight the spanish branch organized a bday dinner, and since there will be alot of food, the whole branch is probably coming, they bought like 15 pounds of pork! So i got treated way too good for my bday here, but between dinners and appointments, we tracted alot of hours yesterday, and it was one of the best tracting experiences i have had one my mission, we found sooo many people, a couple of them looked at us as soon as they opened their doors and said, come in and have a seat, it was really cool, it doesnt happen that often! Everything else is going good, we got alot of really good investigators right now that take up soo much of our week, and so the weeks are going by way to fast!

No comments: